Enjoy the Child Today

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. ~ Stacia Tauscher
The moment that inspired this post wasn't a comfortable one. I was watching a video of my daughter when she was two years old. She was dancing to the music of Barney in the silly way that only a two-year-old can do. I wasn't manning the camera, I was in the background ignoring the beauty of childhood with my nose stuck in a book.

The video was taken fifteen years ago, and I can't begin to wonder what I was thinking. I don't remember that book. I don't even have a clue what it was about. I can see the treasure of my daughter dancing in retrospect through the video, but it's much like watching a documentary on Niagra Falls. Sure, it's nice and you are glad to have it, but it is nothing compared to the experience of standing beside the behemoth of water rushing over the edge.

Take a moment and enjoy your child today.

Image provided by elaine...

0 comments:

Expanding Simplicity